Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Mystery Unraveled!

It was that dumb ear stud or whatever you call it. My ear has been blocked for 2 whole days. At first, though impossible, we thought it was water. The when that dumb green thing went missing, I suspected it went in. Nobody believed me. Or rather, nobody believed that something would actually drop into my ear.


Finally went to Ployclinic to check today. They referred me to A&E of Changi General Hospital. It was scary. I was brought to that room, with all the metal forceps and scapels and equipment. The Dr first placed that long metal vacuum thing into my ear. I could feel the wind gushing into my ear. But nothing came out. He said that the ear stud had pierced through the flesh, and its stuck there. My goodness, I could've fainted on the spot. I was so scared I would become deaf or what after everything. And I was also scared that the Dr would have to perform surgery to get that thing out. I was just so worried. I was trembling, of course, from my teeth to my toes.


Then he used another sharper metal instrument, together with some liquid in my ear. U could've imagined the pain when that metal thing went poking and scraping along my ear canal. I was told not to shout, or to move. Fine. I pinched myself. At the end of the whole 'torture', well that ear stud finally came out. Both my ear and leg was painful. I was prescribed eardrops, in case of infection. But well, finally my hearing's back to normal. And I know there's nothing stuck in my ear canal.


It was really scary and painful. But I'm glad I didn't wait till a few days later before I see the Dr. It could've been worse. I've learnt a lesson- always to take off my ear rings before I sleep.